I want to rant!

Grab a cup of coffee and take a break from gaming, enjoy chatting with the peeps!

Re: I want to rant!

Postby overhype » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:16 am

Bought games from 2 different sellers. First one forgot to send me artbook but he is very helpful and I decided to buy a few more so that he can ship the artbook together with it. Second resolved.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
2.6%

Trophies: 8
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)

Postby overhype » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:27 pm

If I knew ebay is so strict, I would not have use it. New user, never use before. Ordered, paid, received positive feedback, item shipped. 2 days later account suspended. No bids made, no unpaid stuffs, not selling. They required proof of id basically government issued, ic/passport/driver license and bank statement/utility bills, teleco bills not accepted. My first attempt failed cuz I'm not comfortable giving out all personal info to an online shopping platform. It's not like I'm buying hundreds or thousand dollars worth of stuffs from an electronics store or teleco. Feel that it's not worth my time or trouble. Should have just ask for id when I registered so I can close the ebay registration page immediately. I'm annoyed so I moved on. Let it remain suspended. Shop elsewhere.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
2.6%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)

Postby BuTTBR41N » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:08 pm

must have been too many frauds happening after all these years so all these measures being put in place.

dont remember it being so mafan long time ago. my long time ago is more than a decade. yes. it's been more than a decade since i boycott ebay.
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
10.8%

Trophies: 6
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) Pioneer (1)
  hyperx76

Postby overhype » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:15 pm

Boycott? You got a story to tell?
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
2.6%

2012 (1)

Postby overhype » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:50 pm

I was helping my mother settling some bank transaction stuffs as she isn't fluent in English. Day 1 called them up, they insist to speak with her and they don't have mandarin speaking csos around. Will call her back tomorrow. That didn't happen. Day 2, same situation but taichi us to merchant tachi back to bank. Day 3, again no mandarin speaking csos, only ft english speakers. Some of their accents make it very hard to understand them. I try my very best to be attentive but if every word is pronounced with R sound chain combo into a 320bpm sentences, it would be quite a challenge. Will arrange and call back in 3 days. Wtf why need 3 days and we can't wait. I just want to be done with it. Told them we can't wait and she repeated the same 3 days sentence like an automated machine. Fed up and tried calling again. This time another lady picked up. She can speak mandarin woah what happened to the 3 days search for a mandarin speaker? She was very patient and explained in detail to my mother. Case solved though results not ideal but still thanks to the nice lady. I told my mother to cancel her ocbc cc.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
2.6%

2012 (1)

Postby BuTTBR41N » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:34 pm

overhype wrote:Boycott? You got a story to tell?

oh this one ah... cos of some paypal claims which some fraud had done on me and i think the increase in ebay listing fees.
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
10.8%

hyperx76

Postby overhype » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Oic, they want name I showed them safra card. They want address I showed them cpf letter. They still want more. To be precise, what they want is IC and bank statement. They also told me for one time only, I'm allowed to show them just IC for both address and id. I laughed and moved on.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
2.6%

2012 (1)

Postby overhype » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:05 am

Ordered game #1 from PA on Aug 1st. Est ship in 24 to 48hrs. Scheduled shipping date Aug 7th. Added game #2 on Aug 3rd. Est ship in 24hrs. Scheduled shipping date still Aug 7th. Shipping date removed on Aug 8th and changed to preparing order. Few days later I cancelled order as game #2 changed to ship within 2 to 4weeks. Cso replied that actually game #2 is in stock even though it says 2 to 4weeks. But game #1 is not in stock despite listed as within 48hrs. Everyday I check also 48hrs. Cso asked if I want to reactivate order. Fine give them one more chance. Now 14th liao still preparing order with no shipping date. Bad decision, should not reactivate order.

On shopee I also tio my first turtle seller. Ordered on Aug 2nd. Ship date latest Aug 6th. Suka suka changed to 23rd with no notification. On 13th I asked them why tracking number created on 6th, ready to ship but after 5 working days still not ship out. Got a reply that they will process right away. Process my ass, still have not ship yet.

Dynasty Warriors 9. What's the point of sending troops to ram the city gates? I can grapple hook up any tall walls like batman, hop down and unlock the gates for the troops. Lu Bu is very weak now. I can stunlock any boss with the same combo until k.o even with chip damage.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
2.6%

2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:11 am

overhype wrote:On shopee I also tio my first turtle seller. Ordered on Aug 2nd. Ship date latest Aug 6th. Suka suka changed to 23rd with no notification. On 13th I asked them why tracking number created on 6th, ready to ship but after 5 working days still not ship out. Got a reply that they will process right away. Process my ass, still have not ship yet.

Feel your pain. I regular shopee customer but my wife isn't. First time she use, use my account, bought 4 items from 4 sellers, all 4 are unrated (found out after the fact). Then the troubles started.

Seller #1, bedding set, send me message say selected colour not available can take another colour. I didn't get the notification to be fair so after 2 days the seller reply again say no reply so just send based on the other colour. Heng item arrived ok, just colour one blue to another blue, different pattern but still acceptable, so close 2 eyes.

Seller #2, toy piano, received item, the box is totally chui, item is cracked and non-functional. I initiate refund. Seller reply ask if can accept item, refund $10 (item $19). I obviously said f-no. Refunded fully, item tossed into trash.

Seller #3, bedding set, send message say about 70% of the items were wrong but items shipped, ask if can accept. Of cuz I said f-no. After alot of back and forth, I was willing to accept partial refund of $50 (items $75). Amicable discussion, and $25 worth of items is tremendous value for me still. But Shopee refund process for items purchased from overseas seller must jump through alot of hoops, cuz of Cross Border Dispute Team. At least it was relatively painless, just alot of correspondence.

Seller #4, kids kick scooter. The only one with no issue.

All 4 unrated sellers. Lesson learnt. All refund monies still in holding, Shopee huat on interest sia. I'm just glad I didn't have to do any returns.
Happy 40th birthday to me! 7000th trophy and 130th plat - Batman Arkham Knight!
ImageImage
https://carousell.co/arcana75/
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
0.3%

Trophies: 11
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Wow didn't know so troublesome. I never try cancel after items shipped or return. One of my ps4 games storage rack double deck by brand dobe, the base plate joints broke. I never return, just use superglue melt the plastic abit. And left a honest review about the low quality. Usual price $3x, heng I use coupon discount to $2x if not it hurts even more :lol:

I don't mind delivery take 20days but must fkin ship out within 3 to 5 days. Out of stock then don't put in stock.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
2.6%

2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:01 pm

overhype wrote:Wow didn't know so troublesome. I never try cancel after items shipped or return. One of my ps4 games storage rack double deck by brand dobe, the base plate joints broke. I never return, just use superglue melt the plastic abit. And left a honest review about the low quality. Usual price $3x, heng I use coupon discount to $2x if not it hurts even more :lol:

I don't mind delivery take 20days but must fkin ship out within 3 to 5 days. Out of stock then don't put in stock.

Ya, but too bad many of the sellers are probably one-man shows and are not on the ball. Some just abandon without updating. There was a Seller #5 actually, the seller jitao message me purchase canceled, pls proceed to xxx.com to purchase directly. NNH set up own shop liao then delete the listing la, dun make me waste my time.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
0.3%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:28 pm

This is what I meant by Lu Bu is weaker now. Notice his flickering troops behind him in the beginning cinematic. 05:37 batman style scale wall. Every soldier needs to have one for efficiency sake. And he finally got himself some new armor.

overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
2.6%

2012 (1)

Postby overhype » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:47 pm

That ebay parcel already past the latest delivery date and I have not receive it. No tracking number, only a placeholder one from HK. Account suspended also cannot pm seller. Suck thumb liao. Heng it does not cost alot.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
2.6%

2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:47 am

Time to move on ba. Long time ago I used to subscribe to Official Playstation Magazine US edition, shipped from US to SG, was some special promotion, ended up paying only US$50 for 12 issues incl. shipping. But at the tail end the issues stopped arriving. Triggered investigation with SingPost, but it went nowhere. Maybe the US side figured out they shouldn't be shipping to SG or something, maybe the shipping ended up being too expensive for them. Either way I got my money's worth so close 2 eyes.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
0.3%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby BuTTBR41N » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:27 pm

overhype wrote:That ebay parcel already past the latest delivery date and I have not receive it. No tracking number, only a placeholder one from HK. Account suspended also cannot pm seller. Suck thumb liao. Heng it does not cost alot.

You Using paypal to pay? File a claim against them and take back your money...
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
10.8%

hyperx76

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat