Assassin's Creed Series

Everything you want to know and discuss about the Playstation ecosystem!

Re: Assassin's Creed Series

Postby arcana75 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:34 pm

I watched a few videos, everyone's quite positive about it, except jim who is anti Ubi just because of the MT. But the MT model is an exact copy of the one in Origins from what I have seen. So far all the reviews said the game's leveling is grindy, but no one has said it's gotten worse than the one from Origins, so I can only assume it's the same as Origins and TBH it wasn't that bad.

One reviewer complained that the game forces you to play the side content because the main story is gated by player level so you're being forced to grind levels via side content until you're high enough to continue the main story, but that's the same as Origins. The comment that after 45 hours in, players would still not be able to complete the main story, is striking. Ubi has stretched out the story to make it feel longer. I think this is a troubling design trend, but I suspect it's borrowing from JRPGs of old.

But good as it may be, it's gonna be a wait for a sale since it's going to be extremely formulaic, a more of the same of Origins and I've only just recently completed that one, and it's FC5 first.
Happy 40th birthday to me! 7000th trophy and 130th plat - Batman Arkham Knight!
ImageImage
https://carousell.co/arcana75/
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
2.4%

Trophies: 11
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:15 am

Since I bought the gold edition on sale, I went ahead and purchased 2000+400 bonus helix credits pack for the xp 50% + in game currency 50% up bundle which costs 1500 helix. And the collectibles map pack for 900 helix. The game also reward you with a laughable amount of 200helix for completing chapter 2 which of course insufficient to buy anything from the store.

20+hrs in and I've completed 4 chapters and spent most of my time doing side activities. With the map pack, first thing I did was to collect orichalcum ores. Until I found out that it takes 20 ores to open a sort of helix store lootbox, I stopped collecting them cuz too troublesome as they can be located underwater or on mountain peak. But the maps are still good for pinpoint and set marker to other collectibles that give extra skill points and ship upgrade material without scanning the area with the eagle. Initially I wanted to buy the pegasus horse skin for 750helix cuz it negates fall damage but I glad I didn't. Can't fly either. I find it more convenient to travel on foot and the horse speed is rather slow. Also after lv20, main char gains a passive ability which grants immunity to fall damage no matter the height :lol: Way too many side quests liao
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
9.3%

Trophies: 8
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)

Postby BuTTBR41N » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:05 am

The game price seems to be stuck at 25usd on amazon. Will you recommend to someone who never played any AC game to play this?
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
16.4%

Trophies: 6
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) Pioneer (1)
  hyperx76

Postby arcana75 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:09 am

If it's AC:Origins or Odyssey answer is yes. Just be prepared for the sheer amount of side content.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
2.4%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:46 am

I bought both and have not started playing Origins. I much prefer the current AC combat, it's more like Shadow of Mordor now. The original AC combat feels restrictive and dull. Like an unpolished version of Batman Arkham series combat. So far I'm enjoying Odyssey, playing like Aloy and I feel the main quest gated by char level issue is overblown. Overall doesn't feel much like a traditional AC game which is good. Kinda tired of the abstergo segments. This is more Sparta even though it still have abit of abstergo moments but not too much. Definitely recommend it.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
9.3%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:26 pm

I would get the Gold edition of Origins though if u can get it at US$35 or thereabouts.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
2.4%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:44 am

89hrs in AC Odyssey, finishing up last few side quests required for platinum trophy. 2 levels away from max level 70 and I haven't done dlc quests yet except a few free dlc quests. Safe to assume you don't need the 50% xp booster at all. I had it activated since level 10. There are still plenty of side quests from the base game which I have not yet done.

Initially I thought legacy of first blade ep1, ep2 are the two dlc story arcs included in the season pass. Then I found out that first blade consists of 3 episodes. Followed by fate of atlantis the 2nd arc. Plus AC3 and Liberation remastered, that's alot of content for a season pass :lol: Not to mention the free ongoing additional feats dlc quests. Unlike that boring ff15 season pass, 3 episodes plus crap items, uninspired mp mode, royal pack not included and I have to buy episode ardyn next month and fkin hell cancelled the rest of the episodes but made it into a novel, pui!
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
9.3%

2012 (1)

Postby BuTTBR41N » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:58 am

the best part is they hold a livestream telling people that the dlc is cancelled. kinda weird to have livestream telling ppl bad news.
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
16.4%

Trophies: 6
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) Pioneer (1)
  hyperx76

Previous

Return to Playstation (PS4 Pro, PS4, PS3, Vita, etc)