Xbox Series X | S

Everything you want to know and discuss about the XBox ecosystem!

Xbox Series X | S

Postby DrBaldwin » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:22 am

I skipped Xbone, but I am starting to like what I am seeing on Youtube regarding the Xbox Series X. I love the xbox series S small form factor, but being the kiasu me, I would want the optical drive and powerful processor.

I also missed out on the xbox game pass thing, and it is just like netflix for games.. looks good to me.

Shall think think about this. :)
ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
81.4%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Re: Xbox Series X | S

Postby arcana75 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:11 am

DrBaldwin wrote:I skipped Xbone, but I am starting to like what I am seeing on Youtube regarding the Xbox Series X. I love the xbox series S small form factor, but being the kiasu me, I would want the optical drive and powerful processor.

I also missed out on the xbox game pass thing, and it is just like netflix for games.. looks good to me.

Shall think think about this. :)

Once people find out it can play fortnite maxed 60fps locked, it'll sell even more.
Happy 40th birthday to me! 7000th trophy and 130th plat - Batman Arkham Knight!
ImageImage
https://carousell.co/arcana75/
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
8%

Trophies: 11
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby DrBaldwin » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:41 pm

Current DBS/POSB everyday card deal - less $25 off the SRP, pay interest free over 12-24 months, plus get one more Game Pass Ult free. Almost pulled the trigger. Thinking hard. :)
ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
81.4%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Postby arcana75 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:38 am

Don't just don't lol
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
8%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby DrBaldwin » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:38 pm

Preordered... LOL

Batch 3, so unlikely I would be playing it this holiday season, but just happy to place an order and wait for it early next year. Then pair it with Game Pass Ult.
ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
81.4%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Postby arcana75 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:36 am

Was listening to Kinda Funny podcast they did a quick review of XSX, one interesting feature is the quick resume of multiple games feature: u can play game A, switch to game B, and both gamestates are saved and can be freely switched between the 2, even after shutdown.

Not sure how useful it will be, but it sounds like a pretty interesting feature.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
8%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby DrBaldwin » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:33 pm

I am having a blast playing xbox one titles which I missed (gears 5, forza Horizon 4 etc) , and revisiting skyrim with strong mod support (all those nice nice armor, uncapped 60fps etc) as I dont play on PC.

While there are no Xbox exclusives (unless you can call Cyberpunk 2077 an xbox console digital exclusive, lol), Game Pass is excellent value as there is surely something for everyone to play.
ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
81.4%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Postby arcana75 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:20 am

XBox Gamepass for PC at $1 for 3 months is insane value I totally agree. Earlier this year the $1 for 1 month was already incredible value played 3 amazing games (State of Decay 2, Slay the Spire, Metro Exodus).

I bought the $1 for 3 months pass but yet to utilise it cuz of Cyberpunk 2077.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
8%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby DrBaldwin » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:22 am

This may be obvious to some, but i find that some sales prices are better on US store as compared to SG store. For example, there was a recent sale on Lego games, of which the Lego Marvel Collection (comprising Lego Marvels Super Heros 1 & 2 and Marvel Avengers) was discounted to SGD39.95, but on the US Store, the same collection was going for USD11.99 (approx SGD15). The tricky part is making sure you are redeeming the xbox gift card on the US store. Worth it to compare the 2 stores (货比三家):D

Just to share what I posted in another forum:

https://www.xbox.com/en-SG/games/all-games?xr=shellnav link to the SG store
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/xboxgames link to the US store

US store does not accept SG-based credit card or paypal. So can buy xbox gift card from Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F4CEHNK/re ... doi_0?th=1)

Just make sure that you redeem your gift card in the US store, you will know this when you are asked to enter the 25-character code to add X value to your account under youremail.com (united states).

Once added, the rest is standard checkout procedures. Oh yea, for first timers, good to have a portland oregon address as MS will ask you for it (for tax purposes, but no digital sale tax for portland :) ). You can just use your comgateway or vpostUSA address.

Once purchased, the digital title will reflect as "Owned" on the store, be it US or SG.
ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
81.4%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Postby DrBaldwin » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:58 pm

Xbox game sales on SG / US store. Bought the following:

ACE COMBAT™ 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Deluxe Edition
( BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. )
Quantity 1
SG$32.35

Assassin's Creed® Origins - GOLD EDITION
( Ubisoft )
Quantity 1
SG$23.80

Far Cry® New Dawn Deluxe Edition
( Ubisoft )
Quantity 1
SG$17.92

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands Ultimate Edition
( Ubisoft )
Quantity 1
SG$32.78

FAR CRY 4 SEASON PASS
Quantity 1
SG$7.46

Far Cry® 4
( Ubisoft Entertainment )
Quantity 1
SG$6.71

XCOM® 2 Collection
( 2K )
Quantity 1
SG$25.03

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
( CAPCOM U.S.A., INC )
Quantity 1
$14.99

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN
( Konami Digital Entertainment )
Quantity 1
$5.99
ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
81.4%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Postby DrBaldwin » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:38 am

My new racing rig. Very heavy and solid. Love how it folds up into a thin profile for easy storage.

ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
81.4%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Postby arcana75 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:52 pm

Looking good! I have to say, for me these gadgets are 3-minute warmth, yet I never learn my lesson.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
8%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:34 pm

Same, mine was rockband full set. Lasted for 2 months and sold :lol:
Last edited by overhype on Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
37.4%

Trophies: 8
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)

Postby DrBaldwin » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:51 am

The wheel setup plays very well on Grid and Snowrunner, you can "feel" the road through the wheel vibration. Dunno how else to explain, but fun. hehe

i started playing Back4Blood (through Game Pass), just played through Act 1, Chapter 1. Basically L4D2. Fairly straight forward, get from one safe room to another, along the way may need to activate some bridge or power structure etc, which usually attract hordes that you need to defend against. Idle too long, the game director will send some mob or bigger infected monster to your locale to zor zor you abit.

plenty of guns, across the usual categories of SMG, Shotties, Sniper rifle, Assault Rifles, MGs, hand-guns, melee weapons (Bat, Machete, Axe - there could be more), molotov cocktails, grenades. There are also attachments like extended mag, scope, butt stocks, barrels etc.

although a bit redundant as you dun see your character most of the time (you playing in first person), there is a choice of character customisation where you can change the attire of your character. I chose Holly and i just made her wear leggings (hehehe). See below pic... pretty obvious who Holly is right? :p~

to spice things up, there is a deck of cards system to change certain attributes during the game, such as making you reload faster by 20%, easier to spot the gears currency (used to buy things) scattered in the game, more stamina, more enemies appearing etc

there is a sort of game hub where you can run around and talk to the NPCs, go to the shooting range to try the different weapons. seems pretty easy to get into a game, though I have not explored deep to see how the cross-platform play is like, whether i can restrict to just console players, and other game modes that earn special rewards etc. You can also take note of your unique username for others playing on other platform to locate and join you (mine is Dr Baldwin#0707).

Not bad, I can see this game will take me away from Aliens FTE for some time (and no, not just because of Holly in her leggings. LOL)
ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
81.4%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Postby DrBaldwin » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:28 pm

Nope B4B did not take away too much of my time. movement feels floaty and gunplay doesn't have the same impact and punch as Aliens FTE. Thank goodness this is on Game Pass, saved me some money.
ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
81.4%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Next

Return to Xbox (Scorio, One, 360, etc)