3DS/3DS XL General Discussion

Everything you want to know and discuss about the Nintendo ecosystem!

3DS/3DS XL General Discussion

Postby XxGaiaxX » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:17 pm

So it seems this part of the forum is pretty quiet. Guess I will start out a thread so we can talk, chit chat or discuss anything related to the 3DS, instead of just the specific game in some of the specific game threads.

It seems like 2013 will be a good year for the 3DS, with Monster Hunter in coming and also the new generation Pokemon.
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!
XxGaiaxX
Ghoul
Progress to next rank:
15.8%

Trophies: 2
Thread Boss (1) Pioneer (1)
  NekoShana

Re: 3DS/3DS XL General Discussion

Postby Darkvalkyries » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:03 pm

3DS games seem getting better. Hooted Kid Icarus, Code of Princess and Resident Evil Revelations recently. Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate coming.... quite a lot games to enjoy my 3DS XL lol
Darkvalkyries
Peon
Progress to next rank:
59.2%

Postby WingedHao » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:18 am

yeah, Fire Emblem coming out this month and XSeed also just announced they bringing over Rune Factory 4.
WingedHao
Ghoul
Progress to next rank:
57.3%

Trophies: 4
Thread Boss (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
  WingedHao

Postby savarios999 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:07 am

Anyone tried kingdom hearts? Was actually quite tempted to buy 3ds for that until I got too busy and forgot about it.
ImageImage

savarios999
Global Moderator

Trophies: 9
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (2) Pioneer (1) 2012 (1)
  savarios
  savarios999

Postby wilflare » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:22 am

I have it but haven't played much of it.

Controls take a little getting used to though
wilflare
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
77.4%

wilflare
  wilflare

Postby delifrance79 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:36 am

savarios999 wrote:Anyone tried kingdom hearts? Was actually quite tempted to buy 3ds for that until I got too busy and forgot about it.

Not bad but doesn't like the swapping part when the times fall to zero... Very irritating.
delifrance79
Ghoul
Progress to next rank:
2.3%

Trophies: 1
Pioneer (1)

Postby XxGaiaxX » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:42 am

savarios999 wrote:Anyone tried kingdom hearts? Was actually quite tempted to buy 3ds for that until I got too busy and forgot about it.

I actually sold it away after playing for a while. Personally I dont really find it fun.
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!
XxGaiaxX
Ghoul
Progress to next rank:
15.8%

NekoShana

Postby XxGaiaxX » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:43 am

Any one know the size and dimension for the top cover part (Outer area, not the screen inner area) of 3DS XL? Feel like printing my own image to make it like a skin.
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!
XxGaiaxX
Ghoul
Progress to next rank:
15.8%

NekoShana

Postby delifrance79 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:44 am

XxGaiaxX wrote:Any one know the size and dimension for the top cover part (Outer area, not the screen inner area) of 3DS XL? Feel like printing my own image to make it like a skin.

It think it will be best for you to measure urself with ruler. U gotta consider the 4 points of corner which are curved as well.
delifrance79
Ghoul
Progress to next rank:
2.3%

Pioneer (1)

Postby XxGaiaxX » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:24 pm

delifrance79 wrote:
It think it will be best for you to measure urself with ruler. U gotta consider the 4 points of corner which are curved as well.

Yeah will do it myself if I can't find the dimension from someone who have already done it before.
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!
XxGaiaxX
Ghoul
Progress to next rank:
15.8%

NekoShana

Postby wilflare » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:37 pm

brother using my 3DS XL to play Pokemon Black now.
only have Kingdom Hearts and Theartrhythmn haha
wilflare
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
77.4%

wilflare
  wilflare

Postby delifrance79 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Both are great games by SE. But I very fast get bored with Theathrythm after completing the normal difficulty. I'm not a completionist to play through those very hard level.
delifrance79
Ghoul
Progress to next rank:
2.3%

Pioneer (1)

Postby kaijiehimself » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:56 am

am contemplating to get 3DS XL just for MHU, anyone thinking the same thing?
kaijiehimself
Peon
Progress to next rank:
61.2%

Postby XxGaiaxX » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:28 am

kaijiehimself wrote:am contemplating to get 3DS XL just for MHU, anyone thinking the same thing?

I recently just got the XL even though I have the original 3DS mainly due to the larger screen (Not really for any particular game). Since I usually prefer larger screens, see already also more happy. :mrgreen:

If you're thinking of buying the XL just for MH3U, but you currently already owned a original 3DS with the circle pad addon, then I'd say just stay with it. Since the circle pad allows you to adjust the camera angle easier in the game. Unless you are planning to import the circle pad for the XL (Since local dont sell it yet for XL, only in Japan), I would stick with the original 3DS+Circle pad. Or if you dont mind not having the circle pad, then why not? XL is much better in every factors, except for the softer speakers and more bulky (Which some people dislike, since they have a small pocket)
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!
XxGaiaxX
Ghoul
Progress to next rank:
15.8%

NekoShana

Postby kaijiehimself » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:35 pm

XxGaiaxX wrote:
kaijiehimself wrote:am contemplating to get 3DS XL just for MHU, anyone thinking the same thing?

I recently just got the XL even though I have the original 3DS mainly due to the larger screen (Not really for any particular game). Since I usually prefer larger screens, see already also more happy. :mrgreen:

If you're thinking of buying the XL just for MH3U, but you currently already owned a original 3DS with the circle pad addon, then I'd say just stay with it. Since the circle pad allows you to adjust the camera angle easier in the game. Unless you are planning to import the circle pad for the XL (Since local dont sell it yet for XL, only in Japan), I would stick with the original 3DS+Circle pad. Or if you dont mind not having the circle pad, then why not? XL is much better in every factors, except for the softer speakers and more bulky (Which some people dislike, since they have a small pocket)

yea, plan to hoot one XL just for MHU3 :mrgreen:
but i also wan the CPP. in the end decided better controls beats having bigger screen though, haha :lol:
local wise only qisahn carrys original 3DS CPP? saw playasia no free shipping for this item; gotta add on additional US$11.90 for tracked shipment though.
kaijiehimself
Peon
Progress to next rank:
61.2%

Next

Return to Nintendo (Switch, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, etc)