Gaming Quiz

SGP, Quizzes, Tournaments, Competitions, Giveaways!

Re: Gaming Quiz

Postby arcana75 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:33 pm

Easy la... but looks like the other questions too difficult. Will release the answers then lower the bar for next round :lol:
Happy 40th birthday to me! 7000th trophy and 130th plat - Batman Arkham Knight!
ImageImage
https://carousell.co/arcana75/
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
3.2%

Trophies: 11
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby arcana75 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:49 pm

Ok, reveal all the remaining answers:

What does a Kilrathi most resemble?
Kilrathi are the race of cat/lion-like beings who were the enemies in the Wing Commander Series. Chris Roberts who is doing the new kickstarter game Star Citizen (I think?!), was the designer of the Wing Commander series on PC, which semi-revived Mark Hamill's career and even spawned a live action movie that hit the cinemas. Wing Commander 3 and 4 featured real actors in the cutscenes instead of CGI or art stills.

Name the chatterbox who accompanies The Nameless one.
Morte. A floating skull, he attacks by hurling insults :lol: The Nameless One is the main protaganist in Planescape Torment. Today it still remains the only RPG game to beat Baldur's Gate in incredible story-telling, imho.

What's the name of the software everyone used to to enable online MP with the PSP, and was especially used by local gamers to play Monster Hunter on the PSP online?
X-Link Kai. The program ran on the PC, and your PSP hooked up to your PC and established a fake adhoc connection to your friend also running the same X-Link Kai+PSP config. It is the same as Lancraft, ie tricking a game's LAN connectivity into thinking a LAN game exists.

Which PC game started the idea of "the enemies slow down, you stay at normal speed, then proceed to blast them to hell" when you activate a skill?
Requiem. It was a FPS where you played a fallen angel, and you had spells as weapons and one spell cast a timesphere just like the Faceless Void ultimate Chronosphere, and any enemy inside the sphere moves super slow, while you maintain normal speed. Projectiles were also affected iirc. One year later, another game Giants: Citizen Kabuto introduced a similar effect but the globe was much much bigger. Another year later, Max Payne introduced bullet-time, but was essentially the same slow-down effect.

KK, 1 question to will all the remaining SGP, 250 in total, easier one: While the concept of 1-UP came earlier, which console game introduced 1-UP to a generation of console gamers, as an ingame item to pick up and gain 1 life?
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
3.2%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby azlanslayer » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:52 pm

Mario!
Jessica Jung <3
azlanslayer
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
59%

Trophies: 6
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
  azlanslayer
  azlanslayer

Postby arcana75 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:53 pm

More precise pls? Fastest fingers first. I want the full 3 word title of the game.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
3.2%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby azlanslayer » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:54 pm

arcana75 wrote:More precise pls? Fastest fingers first. I want the full 3 word title of the game.

Super Mario Brothers? LOL
Jessica Jung <3
azlanslayer
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
59%

Trophies: 6
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
  azlanslayer
  azlanslayer

Postby arcana75 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:02 pm

DING DING! :D
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
3.2%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Previous

Return to In-forum Activities