Street Fighter Fans Unite!

Everything you want to know and discuss about the Playstation ecosystem!

Street Fighter Fans Unite!

Postby Skrairgee » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:19 pm

I'm a street fighter fan. I'm a casual player, but I do follow tournaments.

I main Ryu, no particular reason though. But I do play Yun and Akuma at times.

My favorite player is Daigo Umehara. I was very lucky to have a photo and a game with him when he visited Singapore for the SEA Major 2012.

Let's dedicate this thread to Street Fighter! :lol:
I want to game more.
Skrairgee
Global Moderator

Trophies: 8
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  Boredness1337
  skrairgee

Re: Street Fighter Fans Unite!

Postby azlanslayer » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Street Fighter Plats are hard and i'll try to avoid them :p

Evil Ryu / Ryu is my favourite character ever since i started playing Street Fighter. Easy to use and beginner friendly character. Watched videos of people using ryu in EVO, damn, the combos they use are perfected. I don't think i'll reach their level.
Jessica Jung <3
azlanslayer
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
59%

Trophies: 6
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
  azlanslayer
  azlanslayer

Postby Skrairgee » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:47 pm

azlanslayer wrote:Street Fighter Plats are hard and i'll try to avoid them :p

Evil Ryu / Ryu is my favourite character ever since i started playing Street Fighter. Easy to use and beginner friendly character. Watched videos of people using ryu in EVO, damn, the combos they use are perfected. I don't think i'll reach their level.

The combo that they do are all 1-frame link, which require pretty fast reaction skill. However, Ryu isn't a top tier character in AE: 2012. Daigo made him strong.

If I'm not wrong, no Ryu players has ever won any major since Daigo won Evo 2010. Until Daigo returned to Ryu in AE: 2012, Ryu finally won a major, the Japanese qualifier for the SF: 25th anniversary tournament.
I want to game more.
Skrairgee
Global Moderator

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  Boredness1337
  skrairgee

Postby Skrairgee » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:19 pm

This is Daigo vs Infiltration at the winners final in the recent SF25th anniversary tournament.
[youtube]8f-kNPjilbM[/youtube]

Daigo did not lose a single game in the tournament till the grand finals, where he lost 0-6 to Infiltration.

Hopefully, he can take his revenge in evo 2013.
I want to game more.
Skrairgee
Global Moderator

2012 (1)
  Boredness1337
  skrairgee

Postby azlanslayer » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Everytime i try to do hadoken i'll end up doing shoryuken or another move >.> Seeing tho professional against each other is somehow great to watch, rather than two who just spams buttons and wish for a win. It seems daigo isn't using yun.
Jessica Jung <3
azlanslayer
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
59%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
  azlanslayer
  azlanslayer

Postby Skrairgee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:58 pm

azlanslayer wrote:Everytime i try to do hadoken i'll end up doing shoryuken or another move >.> Seeing tho professional against each other is somehow great to watch, rather than two who just spams buttons and wish for a win. It seems daigo isn't using yun.

I had the same problems when I first started SF. After much practiced, I'm able to execute properly.

Yun was OP in AE, having ridiculous frame advantage. That's why Daigo switched to Yun and beast every competition. (Finishing as 4th in EVO is a huge accomplishment)
After Yun was nerved in AE:2012, Daigo switched back to Ryu after considering Akuma and the nerved Yun. I was glad he went to back to Ryu.
I want to game more.
Skrairgee
Global Moderator

2012 (1)
  Boredness1337
  skrairgee

Postby BuTTBR41N » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:05 pm

[youtube]BsXA8N8A6Dk[/youtube]

was kinda happy to see all those daigo fanboys inside the hall watching the tournament disappointed. suddenly so silent liao. lol... and the fw teleport had fooled everyone.

major props to infiltration. after losing 3 - 0 in the winners, and then still can take out fuudo 3 - 1 in the losers final and 6 - 0 in the grand finals. thats like so winning so many games in a row against 2 top players. but daigo still has it. better luck next evo. but it wont be easy now since evo is no longer a US - JP affair like last time, as witness in evo 2012.
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
26.3%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) Pioneer (1)
  hyperx76

Postby Swordsman » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:29 pm

BuTTBR41N wrote:[youtube]BsXA8N8A6Dk[/youtube]

was kinda happy to see all those daigo fanboys inside the hall watching the tournament disappointed. suddenly so silent liao. lol... and the fw teleport had fooled everyone.

major props to infiltration. after losing 3 - 0 in the winners, and then still can take out fuudo 3 - 1 in the losers final and 6 - 0 in the grand finals. thats like so winning so many games in a row against 2 top players. but daigo still has it. better luck next evo. but it wont be easy now since evo is no longer a US - JP affair like last time, as witness in evo 2012.

because got u representing singapore and challenge these 2 top dogs ?

Swordsman
Demon Knight
Progress to next rank:
77.8%

Trophies: 13
Thread Boss (3) Forum Boss (3) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  Swordsman83
  SwordFanatic

Postby Skrairgee » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:45 pm

BuTTBR41N wrote:[youtube]BsXA8N8A6Dk[/youtube]

major props to infiltration. after losing 3 - 0 in the winners, and then still can take out fuudo 3 - 1 in the losers final and 6 - 0 in the grand finals. thats like so winning so many games in a row against 2 top players. but daigo still has it. better luck next evo.

I'm actually a Daigo fanboy. :lol:

Infiltration took out Fuudo 3-2 in the losers final, not 3-1.

Daigo said in an interview that he could not adapt to Infiltration's playing style in the grand finals, but Infiltration was able to adapt to Daigo's.

BuTTBR41N wrote:but it wont be easy now since evo is no longer a US - JP affair like last time, as witness in evo 2012.

You went to EVO? :shock:

Gosh, I'm jealous now! Did you chat with the top players?
I want to game more.
Skrairgee
Global Moderator

2012 (1)
  Boredness1337
  skrairgee

Postby duckie258 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:23 am

Hello, i play Ryu here, usually frequent Nex arcades, Plaza Sing's Arcade,

and occasionally you can find me at Iluma (heh bugis+ is a shitty name imo) or bugis' basement arcade.

SSF4 Achievements (see liao dun hum) : shook daigo's hand, shook xian's hand, took a picture with Daigo too, played a set against Samantha Lee (singapore's top chun li player) and didn't get perfected, etc.
duckie258
Peon
Progress to next rank:
2%

Postby arcana75 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:15 am

That's some serious Street Fighting up there...
Happy 40th birthday to me! 7000th trophy and 130th plat - Batman Arkham Knight!
ImageImage
https://carousell.co/arcana75/
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
6.6%

Trophies: 11
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby Skrairgee » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:18 pm

duckie258 wrote:Hello, i play Ryu here, usually frequent Nex arcades, Plaza Sing's Arcade,

and occasionally you can find me at Iluma (heh bugis+ is a shitty name imo) or bugis' basement arcade.

SSF4 Achievements (see liao dun hum) : shook daigo's hand, shook xian's hand, took a picture with Daigo too, played a set against Samantha Lee (singapore's top chun li player) and didn't get perfected, etc.

Even Daigo himself cannot top this achievement.
I want to game more.
Skrairgee
Global Moderator

2012 (1)
  Boredness1337
  skrairgee

Postby Swordsman » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:08 am

SFIV is 1 of the most difficult to play fighting game.

Swordsman
Demon Knight
Progress to next rank:
77.8%

Trophies: 13
Thread Boss (3) Forum Boss (3) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  Swordsman83
  SwordFanatic

Postby Skrairgee » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Swordsman wrote:SFIV is 1 of the most difficult to play fighting game.

The mechanics are very advance, but the executions are very easy.
I want to game more.
Skrairgee
Global Moderator

2012 (1)
  Boredness1337
  skrairgee

Postby KnightSeven-- » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:14 pm

Add me if anyone keen to play SF against me. I have a SF arcade edition and I sucks. :D
KnightSeven--
Ghoul
Progress to next rank:
71%

Trophies: 4
Thread Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) Pioneer (1)

Next

Return to Playstation (PS4 Pro, PS4, PS3, Vita, etc)