Games with Region 1 and 3 DLC compatibility

Everything you want to know and discuss about the Playstation ecosystem!

Re: Games with Region 1 and 3 DLC compatibility

Postby wilflare » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:40 am

hmm. wonder if the Naruto 3 is cross-region compatible
wilflare
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
77.4%

Trophies: 2
Thread Boss (1) Pioneer (1)
  wilflare
  wilflare

Postby Joxhn » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:22 pm

DMC added
tested with bloody palace dlc

Wishlist
Games to Get: Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2, Dragon Age Inquisition
Joxhn
Vampire Lord
Progress to next rank:
46.5%

Trophies: 6
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) Pioneer (1)
  Joxhn
  Joxhn

Postby Fangel » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:49 pm

metal gear rising. r3 disc, r1 dlc. tested with the vr mission pack.
Fangel
Peon
Progress to next rank:
24.5%

Phorem

Postby arcana75 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:16 pm

Can add Dead Space 3 as well.
Happy 40th birthday to me! 7000th trophy and 130th plat - Batman Arkham Knight!
ImageImage
https://carousell.co/arcana75/
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
6.6%

Trophies: 11
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby Joxhn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:15 am

ok added both

Wishlist
Joxhn
Vampire Lord
Progress to next rank:
46.5%

Joxhn
  Joxhn

Postby PierceLee » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:46 pm

I often run into this issue... bought a game on R3 disc long ago, completed, but didn't buy any DLC. Years later, the game has 'complete' edition, or another multi-game pack includes that game. Then this newer/bigger version goes on sale (PA, Zavvi, etc). Tempted to get the new version and give/sell away the old one, but the newer package only has R1 or R2 on sale, never seen R3 slash price much. If get the newer version, quite possible that it cannot read back my old saved game, which defeats the purpose of buying it for the DLCs.

Maybe we can start another section here about save game compatibility across regions but probably not many people dare to try. Anyone know where to find such info?

I really feel like looking for xploder or some hacking tool to switch save game region, but don't know this can be done or not. This, to me, is a legit use of hacking (unless different regions have separate set of stakable trophies) :)
PierceLee
Ghoul
Progress to next rank:
86.3%

Trophies: 3
Thread Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Pioneer (1)
  PiercingLance

Postby azlanslayer » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Well you can check by putting a game savefile in the thumbdrive then put that thumbdrive to your computer. Such as Dead Space 3 R3 has a BLUS save file.
Jessica Jung <3
azlanslayer
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
59%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
  azlanslayer
  azlanslayer

Postby arcana75 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:54 pm

azlanslayer wrote:Well you can check by putting a game savefile in the thumbdrive then put that thumbdrive to your computer. Such as Dead Space 3 R3 has a BLUS save file.

Yeah that's how DLC works: the game scans for DLC SKU codes inside the store the PSN account connects to or is installed on the disk. When R1 and R3 games end up being DLC-cross compatible, the R3 disc is actually an R1 SKU, so when the R3 game checks either the R1 or R3 store, it looks for the same DLC SKU code.

Hence the same should apply to the save, looking for the same savegame SKU code.

However as azlan rightly pointed out the right move is to check one by one the savegame SKU code rather than implicitly rely on the "rule".

I do want to point out tho that I noticed that Dead Space 2 is listed. Yes for the DLC weapon packs and likely Severed DLC, they are cross-compatible, but for the Ignition preorder game, it was actually region-locked (or some major cockup). The Ignition savegame was supposed to be detected in the DS2 game to unlock 4 special doors for extra loot and logs. In my case my Ignition was R1 but my R3 disc could not detect the save.
Happy 40th birthday to me! 7000th trophy and 130th plat - Batman Arkham Knight!
ImageImage
https://carousell.co/arcana75/
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
6.6%

Trophies: 11
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby BuTTBR41N » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:04 pm

PierceLee wrote:I often run into this issue... bought a game on R3 disc long ago, completed, but didn't buy any DLC. Years later, the game has 'complete' edition, or another multi-game pack includes that game. Then this newer/bigger version goes on sale (PA, Zavvi, etc). Tempted to get the new version and give/sell away the old one, but the newer package only has R1 or R2 on sale, never seen R3 slash price much. If get the newer version, quite possible that it cannot read back my old saved game, which defeats the purpose of buying it for the DLCs.

Maybe we can start another section here about save game compatibility across regions but probably not many people dare to try. Anyone know where to find such info?

I really feel like looking for xploder or some hacking tool to switch save game region, but don't know this can be done or not. This, to me, is a legit use of hacking (unless different regions have separate set of stakable trophies) :)

thats the problem for my R1 batman AC goty. plat the game on the R3 vanilla version. now want to just play the robin and nightwing challenge still need to go thru all the agony of collecting the riddler trophies. damn tiring,
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
26.3%

hyperx76

Postby PierceLee » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:42 pm

BuTTBR41N wrote:thats the problem for my R1 batman AC goty. plat the game on the R3 vanilla version. now want to just play the robin and nightwing challenge still need to go thru all the agony of collecting the riddler trophies. damn tiring,

Some games you can rename. Like Borderlands 1, you can go to the new region, create same number of saves, then on a PC, copy the save files from the old region into the folders of the new region (I think also need to rename them, can't remember). But many games, like Borderlands 2, I don't think that works.
PierceLee
Ghoul
Progress to next rank:
86.3%

Trophies: 3
Thread Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Pioneer (1)
  PiercingLance

Postby azlanslayer » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:57 pm

BuTTBR41N wrote:
PierceLee wrote:I often run into this issue... bought a game on R3 disc long ago, completed, but didn't buy any DLC. Years later, the game has 'complete' edition, or another multi-game pack includes that game. Then this newer/bigger version goes on sale (PA, Zavvi, etc). Tempted to get the new version and give/sell away the old one, but the newer package only has R1 or R2 on sale, never seen R3 slash price much. If get the newer version, quite possible that it cannot read back my old saved game, which defeats the purpose of buying it for the DLCs.

thats the problem for my R1 batman AC goty. plat the game on the R3 vanilla version. now want to just play the robin and nightwing challenge still need to go thru all the agony of collecting the riddler trophies. damn tiring,

I can help you convert if you want to :)
Jessica Jung <3
azlanslayer
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
59%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
  azlanslayer
  azlanslayer

Postby Joxhn » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:21 am

i normally just get a 2nd hand version if i want to buy back that game. I think save files are not region compatible for almost all games, that will make the list very tiny.

Wishlist
Joxhn
Vampire Lord
Progress to next rank:
46.5%

Joxhn
  Joxhn

Postby Swordsman » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:00 am

supposed i downlad the dlc from US psn store, my game is region 3, after i installed the DLC, i deleted the US user id, will the DLC "gone" too ?

Swordsman
Demon Knight
Progress to next rank:
77.8%

Trophies: 13
Thread Boss (3) Forum Boss (3) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  Swordsman83
  SwordFanatic

Postby BuTTBR41N » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:27 pm

physically the dlc will still be there since it takes up your hdd space. but you wont be able to use it.
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
26.3%

hyperx76

Postby Swordsman » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:06 pm

BuTTBR41N wrote:physically the dlc will still be there since it takes up your hdd space. but you wont be able to use it.

even installed its tied to the user id/account who download the dlc ?? cheesepie.. no wonder my SSFIV DLC "gone".

Swordsman
Demon Knight
Progress to next rank:
77.8%

Trophies: 13
Thread Boss (3) Forum Boss (3) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  Swordsman83
  SwordFanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Playstation (PS4 Pro, PS4, PS3, Vita, etc)