Switch to full style
Everything you want to know and discuss about the Playstation ecosystem!
Post a reply

Dreams

Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:06 am

I didn't even know it was out... but the stuff I've seem people make, like wtfwow levels of amazing. I recently saw the HALO recreation teaser video on the playstation reddit, blew my mind what people can do when very talented and very free.

Re: Dreams

Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Out since last year I think. This is more like a game design engine than an actual game. Sadly I don't have this kinda creativity so it's trash to me.

I wonder what engine is Sony first party studio using in their games like uncharted and etc. Only know decima engine from hzd. It's really surprising that up until now, Sony don't have a unified engine that all their first party studios can use freely. Even days gone is using unreal.

Re: Dreams

Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:02 pm

Same as the LBP ba, small basic game, more the tools. Dreams has a small pre-built segment but the rest is user-built.

ND's engines should be proprietary ba, think Ubisoft's open world games are also proprietary though they have their own "license"-able engine from the Far Cry series (Dumia?). To me variety is the spice of life. While UE and Unity have been great to have more developers make more games more easily, it ended up also creating a monopoly of sorts, UE vs Unity is like XBox vs PS. More engines will be good.
Post a reply