PlayStation Warranty / Support

Everything you want to know and discuss about the Playstation ecosystem!

PlayStation Warranty / Support

Postby arcana75 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:42 pm

If your console is out of warranty and still want to fix your auto-eject problem, check out this thread.

Done, submitted my console for servicing. Things to note:

1) BACKUP your data/trophies, as they will wipe the HDD. I was lucky, I forgot to backup my Watch Dogs DLC save, but they have a demo station there and you can hook up your set to do emergency stuff. But they obviously do not have a thumbdrive, so backup before going if you don't have Plus. This obviously means have to install everything again, sianz.

2) Deactivate your console!! All accounts used to activate the PS4 as primary, deactivate it from the PS4 first before sending. Otherwise the repaired set maybe detected as a new device and when you get it back you can't activate the console again. This happened to me. Had to "deactivate all" via the website.

3) Bring only your console, no need cables, DS4, etc not even power cable. Leave your custom HDD inside.

4) The unit doesn't say "Playstation Service Centre", rather it's 3rd party outsourced to "AxisPlus", at unit #05-53 in Vertex Tower A S408868. Vertex is a pretty big building, and #05-53 is actually on the corner of Ubi Ave 4 and Ubi Link, upstairs of course. Outside the building there are many shops with glass store fronts, selling bathroom fixtures, medical equipment etc, you gotta walk in abit to find the passenger lifts. Pretend to be a car and follow the road into the building and you should be able to find a sign that points to "Passenger Lift". The actual corridor to AxisPlus looks like this:

The unit with the double glass doors and the Destiny poster is where AxisPlus is. Actually arriving at this corridor maybe abit disorientating depending on which passenger lift you hop on, as there is a lift at the west wing and one at the east wing. If you divide the building into half, the west wing faces Ubi Link, east wing faces Ubi Road 2. If you get onto the lift from east wing, you're in for a walk to get to unit 53 which is on the west wing. The main corridor looks deceptively short, but will actually end with a door that connects to the west wing.

4) You don't need to bring any warranty info as long as you've registered online previously, otherwise you need a receipt. The counter staff will use the console's serial # to find your registration info, ask you about your problems, then your NRIC (yes BRING NRIC) and mobile # to sms collection, then print out 2 forms for you to sign, 1 is your copy. The form states a few T&Cs and your problems. I asked about this problem and the guy said it's common :shock: :

5) How to get there by bus? There's a bus stop on Ubi Ave 3, which drops you off at the side of Vertex Tower B, so you'll have to cut thru the building to get to Tower A, so if you need a bus # can use the bus apps to search based on Ubi Ave 3.

My personal experience or rather ordeal with my PS4 servicing.
On 29th Sept 2014 I travelled to the Singapore Official Playstation service centre (PlayStation® Service Centre represented by AXISPLUS, No. 33 Ubi Avenue 3, #05-52 Vertex Building Tower A, Singapore 408868) to submit my PS4 for servicing due to a disc auto-eject issue. I was informed that it would take 7 working days to diagnose, fix and complete servicing.

On 10th Oct, I made a call to the service centre (repair hotline +65-6602-8268) to check on my service status and was informed that they did not even start servicing due to ordering of spare parts which would arrive only on the 24th of October! I demanded to know why they did not inform me of this situation and give me the option of choosing whether to leave the console with them or to take it back first, since it is 2 whole weeks away. I then decided to go pick up the console but by then I had already lost TWELVE days of usage of my console.

On 27th Oct, I made a call to the service centre again to ask about the spare parts and they happily told me that the parts have arrived and that I could come down to submit my console for servicing, so I drove down for the THIRD time. When I arrived I asked how many more days I needed to wait this time, and the service engineer told me they are having issues with their QC software and are awaiting Sony engineers to fix it, and don't know when that would happen! When I demanded to know why they didn't tell me this over the phone they could offer no answer, so I left for the SECOND time.

Finally on the 3rd of Nov, I made a 3rd call to the service centre, and they promised that all the kinks have been solved and I could now safely get my PS4 serviced. So I travelled to the service centre for the FIFTH time and submitted the console on 3rd Nov and left happy with the job form (job # 201411110005SG01) after the service engineer told me it would take 7 working days. On the 12th of Nov (NINE DAYS), I called the hotline again, only to be informed that they believed I had submitted my console only ONE DAY AGO (and not on the 3rd NINE DAYS AGO?!) and that it would take earliest 1 more week and likely to be ready on the 17th! UNBELIEVEABLE. After the staff checked and confirmed that I had indeed submitted my PS4 on the 3rd, they agreed to expedite my job and get it done in 1 day, which I agreed. RIDICULOUS.

A few hours later, the service centre called to inform me that my custom-installed HDD (Seagate 1TB SSHD) was corrupted and servicing could not continue or complete due to the corrupted hard disk. The same hard disk that was working hours prior to servicing on the 3rd of Nov?! I accused them of damaging my hard disk which they obviously denied, but they were the last to touch my console and it was working perfectly up till the 3rd! Your login records on PSN would vouch for this as I logged in successfully prior. I was even able to update my firmware to the latest version 2.0 then and even tried out the new SharePlay with my friend, so how dare they deny they had no fault in damaging my hard disk which cost me S$165!

I have since collected my PS4 on the 13th of Nov, so the final servicing took TEN DAYS. Starting from 29th Sept to 13th Nov, in total my PS4 was out of commission and possessed by AXISPLUS for THIRTY ONE WHOLE DAYS, plus I had to drive down to the service centre SIX TIMES, and I'm now left with a CORRUPTED HARD DISK!

I will be taking my experience to social media, gaming forums, and possibly to consumer watchdog groups in Singapore. I AWAIT SONY'S REPLY ON SUITABLE COMPENSATION FOR MY TIME, TROUBLES, AND MATERIAL LOSS.
Happy 40th birthday to me! 7000th trophy and 130th plat - Batman Arkham Knight!
ImageImage
https://carousell.co/arcana75/
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
1.3%

Trophies: 11
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Re: PlayStation 3/4 - discuss about the console itself here!

Postby DrBaldwin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:56 pm

Very informative bro! I think maybe he said "common" as in people who bring their sets with problems report the same issues...

I have uploaded my saves to cloud, and also put a PIN on my main psn id that has my credit card details..

Hope our set gets fully fixed!
ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
68%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Postby DrBaldwin » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:58 pm

Sent my set in just now. The narration of problems are very similar to Arc bro's. I added the auto-shutdown problem as well.

Ready for collection upon receipt of SMS, which would be within 7 working days. I was the only one there, seems very quiet... hope they dun take 7 days to repair... :/
ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
68%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Postby DrBaldwin » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:36 pm

Arc bro.. did you read clause 6 of the T&C of the copy you retained?

6. Though no repair service is provided if the Product has been modified as written in section 4 above, "AxisPlus" may at its discretion provide repair service to the Product modified to play counterfeit optical discs if the customer signs the Confirmation Letter given by "AxisPlus" upon taking the Product in.

emphasis is my own... text as per the T&C... LOL
ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
68%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Postby arcana75 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:12 pm

DrBaldwin wrote:Arc bro.. did you read clause 6 of the T&C of the copy you retained?

6. Though no repair service is provided if the Product has been modified as written in section 4 above, "AxisPlus" may at its discretion provide repair service to the Product modified to play counterfeit optical discs if the customer signs the Confirmation Letter given by "AxisPlus" upon taking the Product in.

emphasis is my own... text as per the T&C... LOL

LOL!!! I din read the T&Cs, that is absurd! So they will repair modded sets!
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
1.3%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby arcana75 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Any news from AxisPlus? :( miss my PS4 over this long weekend.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
1.3%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby DrBaldwin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:09 pm

If based on fifo, u shld hear from them first bro..
ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
68%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Postby arcana75 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:13 pm

DrBaldwin wrote:If based on fifo, u shld hear from them first bro..

Hard to say, maybe mine was assigned to a fella and yours to another, and your guy finished the fix first?
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
1.3%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby DrBaldwin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:49 pm

Most impt is they fix it once, they fix it good.
ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
68%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Postby arcana75 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:32 pm

DrBaldwin wrote:Most impt is they fix it once, they fix it good.

No guarantee of anything but hope for the best! Remember, when you pick up your console, ask them for a precise explanation of what was fixed. I think what we want to hear is some hardware fix like change circuit board or something.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
1.3%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby DrBaldwin » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:05 am

I also think is a hardware defect somewhere. I'll be bummed if all they did was reinitialise and install firmware. Lol
ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
68%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Postby arcana75 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:06 am

That would suck!!!
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
1.3%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby BuTTBR41N » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:17 am

DrBaldwin wrote:I also think is a hardware defect somewhere. I'll be bummed if all they did was reinitialise and install firmware. Lol

request them to do a hardware change then... kp and bang table until they do it... :lol:
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
13%

Trophies: 6
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) Pioneer (1)
  hyperx76

Postby arcana75 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:43 am

Change to 11xx hardware revision? :lol:

Think can only expect an sms on Wednesday or Thursday.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
1.3%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby DrBaldwin » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Remember to bring that repair paper with the t&cs down. U gonna bring a controller and game to test on the spot?
ImageImage
DrBaldwin
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
68%

Dr_Baldwin
  Dr Baldwin
  DrBaldwin

Next

Return to Playstation (PS4 Pro, PS4, PS3, Vita, etc)