PlayStation 4 - discuss about the console itself here!

Everything you want to know and discuss about the Playstation ecosystem!

PlayStation 4 - discuss about the console itself here!

Postby MDraGc » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi all,

As mentioned in the Topic Subject, I've been looking for info about this. I have my own assumptions here below.. but it would be nice if someone has some concrete answers for the matter.

If you did not get my question,

Would anyone know whether the Singaporian PlayStation Network is going to be operational for the PS4 on the day of the US Launch?
As I am importing the PS4 from the US at launch, I was wondering if [for any other importers as well] we will have limited access to the Playstation Online Functionalities [such as the Playstation Network] unless we use a US account? Will the PS4 even be able to connect to the SG PSN?

Having an SG PS Plus account.. it would be quite disappointing..

I speculate that for any countries where the console is not even released, the PS Stores will not be updated with any PS4 content / functionalities.. thus all freebies that US PS Plus account owners will get [such as #DRIVE CLUB for free].. we just won't get them...

Only speculations.. but I guess logically... this is how it should be... it would be quite weird for Sony to update Stores that do not have consoles available in the local markets.

At the very least.. will we even be able to play online?

Worst case scenario.. I have just created a US account in case nothing works once the PS4 is online.. it also comes with 14-day trial PlayStation Plus membership.. will decide to upgrade or not at that time... and anyway.. US PSN Cards are easy to find online...

As said earleir, I am looking for someone who might have info about this to make it crystal clear...

thanks all!
Last edited by MDraGc on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Subject changed to focus on PS4
MDraGc
Peon
Progress to next rank:
2%

M_DraG
  the_dragoon87

Re: SG PSN - Ready @PS4 US Launch? [Importing it]

Postby BuTTBR41N » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:57 pm

As of now I believe even ppl working in Sony may not be able to give you an answer to it.
I don't think there is even info if we are still able to connect to other regions account with ps4. And also does it still allow multi account on the ps4 or just single account like in psv. So many uncertainty at this point of time.
Btw I guess we will just have to wait and hear from the early adopters.
As of now, I am happy enough with my ps3. The day I get ps4 might be the day when ps4 slim or super slim comes out. Lol.
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
26.3%

Trophies: 6
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) Pioneer (1)
  hyperx76

Postby MDraGc » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:26 pm

Thanks for your reply BuTTBR41N.

and I did not even consider that possibility... if that were to happen... that would... be... pointless to even import it... unless it is to play offline til the official releases in our region. argh... that would hurt bad...

but yea.. I guess I would also need to go learn about these too if I wanna play online... though.. mmm if Sony was to take this away from us... that would take away one other source of revenue... as some or a lot of people make online purchases from many different regions due to lack of availability of some games in some regions.

though... I doubt Sony will take this away from us.. the PS Vita is fine in terms of accessing accounts from different regions.. only the Vita memory cards are bound to one account.. though you still need to go through a factory reset every times you switch cards.. troublesome but.. still "working" in a way.. and this is caused by limitations from the PS Vita capabilities..
MDraGc
Peon
Progress to next rank:
2%

M_DraG
  the_dragoon87

Postby arcana75 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:47 pm

There is no actual Singapore Playstation Network. It's really the Hong Kong PSN. Your account is tagged as Singaporean and as such you are configured to access the HK PSN and supposedly access R3 content but that's about it.

Will PS4 follow the PSV path of 1 account? No idea, but for many, having multiple PSN accounts is the nobrainer way to go, while which serves as main is a matter of personal preference.

I'm US main, and my Vita is US main, so if I go PS4 it'll be US main. If they decide to region-lock, dunno what I'll do right now.
Happy 40th birthday to me! 7000th trophy and 130th plat - Batman Arkham Knight!
ImageImage
https://carousell.co/arcana75/
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
6.6%

Trophies: 11
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby Jayson » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:23 pm

Hey guys here's a heads up. Another Sony Conference will be held on the 18th of this month and it will be focused on the Asian region. With the Japan being stamped a 22nd February date I can forsee two possible months where the PS4 will be launched in our region:

December 2013 - The Asian PS2 was launched on this month in 2001

March 2014 - The Asian PS3 was launched on this month in 2007

June 2014 - The Asian PSone was launched on this month in 1996

June 2014 is worst case scenario but we could even be seeing December 2014 as the ultra latest worst case scenario Singapore may even get her hands on the PS4 which is unlikely bcos the Asian region is pretty much seen as a central market, Singapore in particular bcos of her multi-racial society.

todayonline.com wrote:Sony said details for the PS4’s launch in Asia, including Singapore’s, will be announced on Sept 18, just before this year’s Tokyo Game Show to be held from Sept 19.

http://www.todayonline.com/tech/sony-pl ... pan-feb-22

So don't give up on hope and who knows we may even get a better share of the pie in the end! Personally I'm expecting a March 2014 release date and maybe, a Guilty Gear Xrd on launch day?! I'll go mad!

After all as the saying goes....

The darkest hour is just before the dawn
Jayson
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
22.4%

Trophies: 2
Thread Boss (1) Pioneer (1)
  Jayson619

Postby BuTTBR41N » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:56 am

arcana75 wrote:There is no actual Singapore Playstation Network. It's really the Hong Kong PSN. Your account is tagged as Singaporean and as such you are configured to access the HK PSN and supposedly access R3 content but that's about it.

Will PS4 follow the PSV path of 1 account? No idea, but for many, having multiple PSN accounts is the nobrainer way to go, while which serves as main is a matter of personal preference.

I'm US main, and my Vita is US main, so if I go PS4 it'll be US main. If they decide to region-lock, dunno what I'll do right now.

VPN? proxy? ip masking? whatever they call it.
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
26.3%

Trophies: 6
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) Pioneer (1)
  hyperx76

Postby Jayson » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:19 am

TGS: Sony announced that Asia PS4 will be released December 2013.

No other details yet but hang in there!!!!!!

http://asia.playstation.com/sg/en/newsdetail?id=1134

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia (SCEJA), a division of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., responsible for business operation in Japan and Asia, today announced that the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) (CUH-1000A series) computer entertainment system will launch in Asian region from the middle of December 2013, including Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore and other South East Asian countries. PS4 will be accompanied with 20 launch frame titles developed by SCE Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS) and numerous 3rd party software developers and publishers from around the globe.

Jayson wrote:Hey guys here's a heads up. Another Sony Conference will be held on the 18th of this month and it will be focused on the Asian region. With the Japan being stamped a 22nd February date I can forsee two possible months where the PS4 will be launched in our region:

December 2013 - The Asian PS2 was launched on this month in 2001

March 2014 - The Asian PS3 was launched on this month in 2007

June 2014 - The Asian PSone was launched on this month in 1996

June 2014 is worst case scenario but we could even be seeing December 2014 as the ultra latest worst case scenario Singapore may even get her hands on the PS4 which is unlikely bcos the Asian region is pretty much seen as a central market, Singapore in particular bcos of her multi-racial society.

todayonline.com wrote:Sony said details for the PS4’s launch in Asia, including Singapore’s, will be announced on Sept 18, just before this year’s Tokyo Game Show to be held from Sept 19.

http://www.todayonline.com/tech/sony-pl ... pan-feb-22

So don't give up on hope and who knows we may even get a better share of the pie in the end! Personally I'm expecting a March 2014 release date and maybe, a Guilty Gear Xrd on launch day?! I'll go mad!

After all as the saying goes....

The darkest hour is just before the dawn

So somewhere between the 2nd and third week of December!
Jayson
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
22.4%

Jayson619

Postby arcana75 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Pleaaassseee SONY! Give me an Xperia phone with PSN!
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
6.6%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby scuzzybum » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:46 pm

arcana75 wrote:Pleaaassseee SONY! Give me an Xperia phone with PSN!

LOL yep that's what I'm waiting for also... gonna hold on to my crappy phone till then.
scuzzybum
Vampire Lord
Progress to next rank:
56%

Trophies: 7
Thread Boss (1) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  scuzzybum
  scuzzybum
  scuzzybum

Postby arcana75 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:32 pm

scuzzybum wrote:

LOL yep that's what I'm waiting for also... gonna hold on to my crappy phone till then.

Sadly they seem to prefer working with the camera side than the entertainment side. Their latest flagship phone the Xperia Z1, will feature a 20MP camera, together with the earlier features of the Xperia Z. Maybe Z2 but I won't hold my breath.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
6.6%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby savarios999 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:49 pm

scuzzybum wrote:

Play vita and use normal android phones lor.. :lol:

you play psn games on phone i think need to recharge your phone every 3-4 hours.
ImageImage

savarios999
Global Moderator

Trophies: 9
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (2) Pioneer (1) 2012 (1)
  savarios
  savarios999

Postby scuzzybum » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:06 am

Haha, yea but maybe for those casual games?

Such as Vita versions of Angry Birds, Plants & Zombies, etc. but on the Mobile suite at a cheaper price comparable to Apple Store. Won't mind paying a bit more for the trophies though :D
scuzzybum
Vampire Lord
Progress to next rank:
56%

Trophies: 7
Thread Boss (1) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  scuzzybum
  scuzzybum
  scuzzybum

Postby arcana75 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Some games are not available on Play/App Stores, eg Tokyo Jungle Mobile version, US$7.99 on Playstation Mobile, viewable from Vita.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
6.6%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby Jayson » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:41 pm

Quiet thread here...

Might as well splice it up with a post now that Singapore will have PS4 this year in December. What games are you guys gonna get on launch?

As for me....

KILLZONE SHADOW FALL

CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS

NEED FOR SPEED: RIVALS

Yup; just three since Drive Club got delayed....
Jayson
Vampire
Progress to next rank:
22.4%

Jayson619

Postby arcana75 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:45 am

I will wait at least 1 year.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
6.6%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Next

Return to Playstation (PS4 Pro, PS4, PS3, Vita, etc)