I want to rant!

Grab a cup of coffee and take a break from gaming, enjoy chatting with the peeps!

Re: I want to rant!

Postby overhype » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:54 am

You didn't know? It's been always like that for ps4. When ck was talking about the ps5 digital edition, this was one of the biggest downside I was telling him. While pple are enjoying physical game priced reasonably from various sources for an old game, you can only wait for digital sale which might not happen at all esp in our region. In the long run you might end up spending more.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
19%

Trophies: 8
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:44 pm

Yeah I guess buying games on sale for too long made me forget about this issue. Days Gone did badly locally, sellers still selling sealed discs with the pre-order bonus code & sticker.
Happy 40th birthday to me! 7000th trophy and 130th plat - Batman Arkham Knight!
ImageImage
https://carousell.co/arcana75/
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
5.2%

Trophies: 11
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby BuTTBR41N » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:08 pm

That's why I never understood why you all like so eager to be jumping on the digital only trend and accelerating the death of physical. Don't deprive yourself of options.

Companies like to lead us around like sheep so show them we are still the shepherd.
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
22.8%

Trophies: 6
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) Pioneer (1)
  hyperx76

Postby overhype » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:29 am

Let's say you still trophy hunt, with digital version you cannot downgrade to v1.00. All sorts of funny thing can be patched in to make your trophy hunting even more frustrating. Disc users acquired trophies in 10hrs but you have to grind 40hrs because you are playing on the latest patch with no means to downgrade :lol: If you look at physical ps4 games bundled with season pass, for example from amazon us, in the first year release, the price of digital version most of the time more expensive than physical. Unless you can wait like 2 years after the game release for digital sale pricing to catch up with physical for AAA games, by all means go digital. Also cannot resell, what if you trust those raving reviews, buy liao don't like it how? Can return it like steam? Let's say the covid situation improves and those games warehouse sale return, you cannot enjoy all the good deals :lol: Save $100 to $150 in exchange for the inconveniences, no thanks. What about the download speed? From PS3 to PS4 so many years liao, dl speed still like that. Will it really improve significantly after PS5 launch? If I were to buy a PS5, definitely will be the one with disc drive.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
19%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)

Postby overhype » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:49 pm

I pre ordered a limited edition figure from amazon us. There was no fine print like in the event of shortage you will be notified or any no of slots left. It's just opened for po until one day it closes and you think to yourself alright I've secured one. No that's not the case. Everyday I check my junk mail in case if any po issues email end up there, nothing. My item is supposed to arrive on friday. So today I begin to wonder can it even reach sg in 2 days since I'm not using priority shipping. My hunch was right. Upon checking with their cs, the first rep told me it is now out of stock, please buy from other sellers and use priority shipping. They will waived shipping fees only after item is delivered. Hello! I preordered! Aren't you supposed to notify me of stock status instead of waiting for me to approach you 2 days before the final day of arrival? Now buying the figure from 3rd party sellers cost double of amazon us list price and with priority shipping I have to fork out triple of the original listing price. Even more expensive than getting it from local resellers or even from au to taobao seller to sg. I thought this cs must be kidding. I preordered not last minute buy, why did she sounded like I did not preordered at all so I tried out the chat. The 2nd cs rep is even more clueless. Initially she blamed it on payment method so that is why item didn't ship yet. Wait a min, what are you smoking? My experiences with past preorders, once I entered payment info, checked out cart, it will auto deduct when they ship it and I can remove the card. So far never encounter such thing as payment not stored causing item not to be shipped. So I asked, if that's the only issue, is it in stock? Nope only from 3rd party sellers. So why did she said she was checking previous correspondence before she started the chat. So I asked again will it restock. She replied no idea when. So do you mean it will eventually but just no eta. She dare not confirm. Let me answer for her, an au website listed restock will be in fking october. So to sum it up, my pre order might never get shipped, no info on restock, no updates all this time. Just a choice between indefinite wait or cancel order.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
19%

2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:19 am

If it costs u nothing cancel po lor bo pian you got shafted. Clueless CSOs are defo annoying, worst are those have to keep repeating the sad story every time transfer to new CSO.
Happy 40th birthday to me! 7000th trophy and 130th plat - Batman Arkham Knight!
ImageImage
https://carousell.co/arcana75/
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
5.2%

Trophies: 11
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:00 pm

Yup I kept getting different cs replying. After googling, I've found out that this is a common issue for them since way way back. Now I know, cannot po from them. They don't seem to understand after limited edition preorders sold out, price will increase. And then with shipping cost you can buy 2. Go buy from other sellers and waive off shipping later pissed me off the most. Wouldn't be so fed up if they didn't say that. Can't they see the price is double of po price now before spouting out I can see other sellers are selling blabla.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
19%

2012 (1)

Previous

Return to General Chat