I want to rant!

Grab a cup of coffee and take a break from gaming, enjoy chatting with the peeps!

Re: I want to rant!

Postby BuTTBR41N » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:57 am

That's playing the same game. But buying another version of pretty much the same game every year and repurchasing the micro transaction and whatever cosmetic crap that don't carry over. I dunno about that man. But then why do I care. Haha
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
23.3%

Trophies: 6
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) Pioneer (1)
  hyperx76

Postby arcana75 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:16 am

Oh you mean like buying FIFA or COD or AssCreed or Far Cry year after year... but to be fair they do offer something new eg new story campaigns. Sure the formula might be the same, but still there's something new no? Those sports franchises are moving away from yearly releases already. Most fans buy the yearly releases for the new rosters no choice, but now with the new models they can update the rosters online eg FIFA Ultimate Team.

Is there a game franchise that's the same release after release?
Happy 40th birthday to me! 7000th trophy and 130th plat - Batman Arkham Knight!
ImageImage
https://carousell.co/arcana75/
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
5.5%

Trophies: 11
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby BuTTBR41N » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:07 pm

only speaking about COD and sports games, not saying AC. they are still reusing the same asset and tweaking things here and there vs a brand new game, new IP, new lore build from ground up like CV. but i guess gamers generally dont like new stuffs.

i guess they focus more effort on how to milk gamers with MT like how they wanna show everyone what items other players get when they open lootboxes to entice people buying more lootboxes. or how when one player killed another player, they will immediately show the player being killed what weapons was used and point them to purchase that, and etc.

no lah, sport games are still annual full price release. why would they go that expansion route when they are still getting good sales from the current business model?

so sometimes i feel like ppl like AJ and Jim F sterling are fighting a lost cause. this kinda things are basically caused by gamers, the companies are basically just doing whatever based on the data that they have. but of course sometimes they are pushing the bar further though. end of the day, it takes 2 hands to clap.
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
23.3%

hyperx76

Postby overhype » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:13 am

Botw is the first Zelda game that I dislike :lol:
1) Weapon durability sucks
2) Rainy weather fk up climbing, you will slip
3) Stormy weather will get Link struck by lightning if currently equipped with metal weapons. Game doesn't tell you that and this idea is just dumb
4) Control placement are bad for swapping items
5) Map too big and barren. Pple diss dw9 for that and botw is the same but nobody kpkb
6) Almost no bgm
7) Way too many mountains and link climbs damn slow like he has a pair of dua lanpa
8) Scaling tower like farcry to reveal map point of interest uncovers nearly nothing other than activating a fast travel point. You will still have to rely on the damn beeping radar to find shrines and it doesn't tell you up or down
9) A big portion of this game content is to clear shrines trials to upgrade either health or stamina
10) Weak plot
11) Various weather conditions requires different gear to counter or else your hp will drain damn fast til game over
12) Horses won't come running to you if you are too faraway. Can only summon from stables and stables do not have fast travel point. So you will have to fast travel to nearest shrine or tower, walk to stable then summon your horse everytime

I might stop playing and sell it. I rarely stop halfway but this game annoys me alot. Link's Awakening is so much better than this so called goty.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
19.8%

Trophies: 8
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)

Postby BuTTBR41N » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:53 am

Is there even full voice acting in this game?
Seems like having no trophies in games is a good thing. Can play halfway then stop and don't need to worry about the unfinished foot print.
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
23.3%

hyperx76

Postby overhype » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:48 am

There are a few foreign languages, english and japanese audio to choose from. But cutscenes that utilize that is short and rare. So it really doesn't matter to me. Doesn't help it. The main content of this game is shrines, trials, side fetch quests. The main missions and story is the side content here :lol: There are 120 shrines I think, 4 shrines 4 spirit orbs = 1 upgrade = 1 heart or a quarter circle of stamina meter. Master sword needs 13 hearts to pull it out. Even if got trophy system on Switch, I don't care :lol: I don't even have friends on switch or need to play online. I just sub one year for cloud save and the nes snes games.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
19.8%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)

Postby BuTTBR41N » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:01 pm

Oh OK. 1 thing that kinda turns me off is if the game got too much reading like how fist of North Star and I believe yakuza games also like that. At least if got voice acting I don't need to read. Lol...
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
23.3%

hyperx76

Postby overhype » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:42 pm

You set Kenshiro to english voice? Isn't that weird? The atatatata got feel? :lol:
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
19.8%

2012 (1)

Postby BuTTBR41N » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:01 am

My first playthrough was in Japanese. Didn't really regret it cos there are many dialogue which has no voice acting. The English dub and the Atatatatatatatatata not bad leh. Only cannot stand the move names.

https://youtu.be/fy1JFK8BlXY

https://youtu.be/rptMn_y8C7s
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
23.3%

hyperx76

Postby overhype » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:36 pm

BuTTBR41N wrote:My first playthrough was in Japanese. Didn't really regret it cos there are many dialogue which has no voice acting. The English dub and the Atatatatatatatatata not bad leh. Only cannot stand the move names.

https://youtu.be/fy1JFK8BlXY

https://youtu.be/rptMn_y8C7s

Batman voice again :lol:

I thought now not school holiday. I have been encountering quite a few annoyers in carouhell since last month.

2 fellas who kept asking for trading with old games that has much lower buyback value and the same guy keeps trying.

1 fella who does not read description but nego price first, increase by $5 for every declined offer, later ask where to deal and go radio silent. Probably didn't bother to read description.

Btw why do buyers keep offer low prices and keep saying fast deal :lol: Fast or slow deal I don't really care. Wah fast deal leh I must deal asap. If I dropped it at qisahn, I get the same $ as I sell in carouhell. I just need to find time to go there.

Of course plenty of lowballers or negotiators who don't bother to check current market buyback price and gave laughable offers. I still declined politely even though my patience is running thin.

1 with alot of questions then offered $5 less but I still sold it to him and he was late with reasons that I don't care.

Another asked to reserve toys. Talked alot but never buy. I expected that so it wasn't a big deal.

1 asked me to sell him 1 4k disc out of the 6 movie collection set.

Sincere and decisive buyers are rare. I encountered like only 2 last month.

Right now I'm focusing on clearing backlog, not buying any new games. In the future I might just wait for digital sale and not going to buy physical games. I don't replay games and trade in price is more or less the same amount of $ as digital sale. And nowadays don't have to wait too long before it goes on sale.

Same goes for 4k discs. Can drop $40 after a few months. I used to buy from Amazon. And I didn't know you need to go online to refresh license once in awhile by playing the downloaded digital movie. I tried to refresh the license for I.T movie and the downloaded file just wipes itself from my phone. And I have to redownload from playstore again. Damn troublesome if I have to download all of them again on my tv.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
19.8%

2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:59 pm

Ya I also sometimes get those lowball deal fast type shit, fucking annoying, I either totally ignore or reply a simple no.

But yesterday I had an amusing transaction via carousell, this dude from India I shit you not I mean he's physically in India, not an Indian national in SG, wanted to buy my amp, and though I posted $1350 in my head i was aiming for $800-$900, and this guy from India offers $700, and goes on about him having to send to India and whatnot, but I held fast, every time he said something I replied "$900". This went on for several rounds, he'd say something I'd reply "$900" until one point he replied $800, and I replied $900 and he finally said ok.

Then he said he'd ask his bro to buy from me and wanted me to send it to him somewhere behind Tekka Mall, I told him no way his bro has to come down cuz I'm not going to lug a 23kg amp all to way to Tekka Mall. He comms his bro and his bro is ok to take a cab down to my place. So he reaches my place in a yellow cab, gets the cab to wait, inspects the amp, and offers $700 in super broken English. I was like WTF no $900, or we can end this talk and he can go off in his yellow cab.

He does several rounds of inspection, calls his bro a few times, and at one point I thought no deal, he leaves my premises and I close the door. Then he rings the doorbell again and tries to bargain summore. Finally nego to $850, then he opens his satchel, gives me $800 and tries to bargain 1 last time LOL.

In the end finally gives me the $850 and done deal. I found it astounding that they intend to ship to back to India, though tbh if they can refurbish it, can easily sell in India for many times the price they paid me for it, since the amp retailed for $4k euros back in 1995. Vintage Copland vacuum tube amp.

In sharp comparison, some idiot lowballs me $20 for my PS4 Gold headset that I posted for $50 on Carousell, with the "$20 fast deal I come now" nonsense, the same day I'm arranging the sale of the amp.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
5.5%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:04 pm

$850, huge loss? How much you bought it for?

I also have spare ps gold headset and seldom use my platinum headset. Minimal audio improvement and extremely uncomfortable elastic headband pressing on the head, made for players with small heads. As for tech stuff, I don't want to deal with pple who ask for refunds because they break it or accuse you for selling damaged items. $50 is a good deal. I'd rather keep it :lol:
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
19.8%

2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:58 pm

overhype wrote:$850, huge loss? How much you bought it for?

I also have spare ps gold headset and seldom use my platinum headset. Minimal audio improvement and extremely uncomfortable elastic headband pressing on the head, made for players with small heads. As for tech stuff, I don't want to deal with pple who ask for refunds because they break it or accuse you for selling damaged items. $50 is a good deal. I'd rather keep it :lol:

I have no idea how much it was purchased for cuz it's not mine and it's been sitting in my house for over 2 decades :lol: It was tough trying to find the retail price off Google since it's a vintage amp no longer sold retail; some sets were being sold on Ebay for US$1.5k and review articles suggested it was $4k euros.

The Gold Wireless headset actually came as part of a PSVR bundle I bought from someone off Carousell that was missing the USB dongle, so only wired. Since I use a pair of in-ears, I figured I'd sell away the headset. The ear cushions were all tattered so I spent $11 buying a pair of replacement cushions off Shopee, and without the USB dongle I figure $50 is reasonable. But if I dun sell it, meh I can still keep and use it since the ear cushions are brand new. I thought the folding mechanism is not too bad, makes transport abit easier.

Can get a replacement USB dongle or use with generic bluetooth?
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
5.5%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:02 pm

I've seen replacement on shopee for $9.69. Not sure if it works, no reviews.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
19.8%

2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:26 pm

overhype wrote:I've seen replacement on shopee for $9.69. Not sure if it works, no reviews.

Got link? On shopee I only see the USB adaptor for the DS4 so that you can use BT headphones with the DS4.

EBay has actual replacements but all around S$6x after adding in shipping.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
5.5%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat