I want to rant!

Grab a cup of coffee and take a break from gaming, enjoy chatting with the peeps!

Re: I want to rant!

Postby arcana75 » Wed May 01, 2019 11:22 pm

Nowadays mobile games joke. I playing Hustle Castle now, very good production values.
Happy 40th birthday to me! 7000th trophy and 130th plat - Batman Arkham Knight!
ImageImage
https://carousell.co/arcana75/
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
3.2%

Trophies: 11
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Wed May 22, 2019 1:23 am

Paypal is really frustrating to use. I'm trying to buy a few low in stock toys figures around $300+ Payment is still pending. Actually seller notified me that my pp cannot go through. Emailed pp a few times and all I got were standard bot faqs replies. So I tried calling, took quite awhile to get a cso to pickup. Cso asked many questions, what I bought, how many, is the merchant local or overseas etc. Talked about 21days rule, fk I'm not a new user. Tried to be cautious on my behalf, kept asking me what did I say just now, who is waiting for my payment. Seller lah duh. I really hate it, the constant interruptions when I'm trying to explain the situation and how the cso treats you like a noob. And I thought by the end of the day, payment will go through. No!! It's still pending ugh. This is not the first time I get payment pending status, not the first time I'm purchasing from the same seller. I have no bad records. Money was indeed deducted from bank according to bank statement. Now it's stucked in pp. I should have used card instead of pp, fk.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
10.8%

Trophies: 8
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:00 pm

Payment stuck in the middle seems like a more common "ploy". Bought and paid for a phone off Lazada app but is some online retailer not Laz themselves. Two days later got a message from Lazada Warehouse saying item out of stock ask me to submit refund request.

I checked listing, still shows in stock wtf. Submit request the app makes it look like my fault (reason choices) but clearly here is not. Submit anyway and refund processed in a few minutes.

Really wonder what's going on behind the scenes but for 2 days my money was "in limbo" but really money got held by Laz for 2 days. In a sense is also a form of money laundering.

What PP did can also be some ploy to hold onto money. As a form of payment it's imho dying compared to other methods currently available.

If there is ever an issue of using CC vs PP and using PP over CC cuz of trust issues I sometimes lean towards CC and just use my low-balance CC (I got $500 and $2000 limit cards) to buy. Use PP nowadays is lanlan cuz shopback credits xfer to PP :)
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
3.2%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Thu May 23, 2019 1:42 am

I mainly use pp only when I have never deal with seller before. It is useful sometimes for web based stores. For example few weeks ago I ordered a few hundred $ ladies watch as a gift for mothers day but oos but also listed as in stock. Seller didn't bother to refund until a week later I remembered and submit request for refund thru pp. But yea pp pissed me off multiple times. I will be using card from now on unless the shop die die requires pp. They finally approved payment after I spam messages, basically what I told them was, if the figures go oos, then byebye pp :lol:
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
10.8%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)

Postby overhype » Sun May 26, 2019 11:34 am

They like to review payment when I buy from a reliable seller, repeated purchase. But they never did when I buy from a new seller and I never receive my items worth $274. No order status updates. It has been processing forever until I escalated to pp, it has since changed to on hold. Seller refuse to reply emails and fb pm. He has over 300+ 5stars review in carousell. The items I bought were from his website, listed as available, sg store, not preorder or backorder. Bank cso still ask me if seller promised a delivery date. This really pissed me off. Isn't it understandable delivery usually takes 3 to 5 days for a local seller, items are available not pre order or backorder. At least inform me it's out of stock, offer to refund me or backorder. But nope, totally radio silent. Pp still have to give seller 10 more days to respond. Bank cso initially said cannot stop transaction. After I said I'm going to the bank to see if I can file chargeback, cso told me to wait 7 days then they will procced with chargeback, subject to bank's approval. I probably will stop using both dbs and pp if they can't protect buyer.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
10.8%

2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:54 am

So in the end did you get scammed by the new seller? Recently browsing Lazada I can see 1 seller selling new phone for crazy low price, like half, but seller has no sales or reviews.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
3.2%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Mon May 27, 2019 11:52 pm

Most probably yes. He can reply my emails, fb or even text or respond to paypal but he did not. His prices are not exactly cheap either. I have already bought the figures from amazon and mandarake. Today I escalated to pp for the 2nd order of $199.

Price too low too good to be true. I would avoid that laz seller.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
10.8%

2012 (1)

Postby overhype » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:29 am

As for my pp case, it was closed in my favor cuz seller did not respond to pp.

One of my Amazon order delivered on 5th June 8pm but I didn't receive anything. Not in mailbox, not with neighbors or family members. Nobody sign anything from courier or even seen one :lol: My first missing package.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
10.8%

2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:10 am

Delivered by SingPost? Can file claim ba.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
3.2%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:26 pm

My amazon packages usually delivered by simplypost. They explained that it is in transit, can be up to 30-60days but what I saw is delivered to me on June 5th 8pm :lol:

Also one of my blu ray boxset arrived with a 4cm wide crack on the case where the locking mechanism is. How hard do you have to throw in order to get such a big crack :lol: Return also troublesome, need to print label sticker. Amazon also cannot find my order because it was bought from prime now app international order. But I use same email address for both. Seems like order invoices are stored separately. App is app, website is website. I bought 177sgd worth of 4k uhd and blurays. The cracked case one cost 48sgd. They dumped everything in a thin yellow envelope...I've bought about 1k sgd of movies and usually are packed in boxes. I also bought a figuarts shenron 120sgd iirc from singapore. It arrived with no packaging to protect the figure box. Just a receipt sticker paste on top. Had to slowly peel it off so that I don't damage the figure box. But still there are already slight damages/dents to the packaging and smell like someones old socks :lol:
I won't buy from local primenow again.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
10.8%

2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:40 am

My recent shopee purchase also didn't go well, but pales in comparison to your experiences :lol: bought a popsocket and added a car adaptor (20c diff) but the package arrived without the car socket. I f'ed it and left it alone, partly cuz the seller apologised and said will send me if I bought another one :lol: yeah sure.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
3.2%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:26 pm

Huh wtf, instead of sending it to you, he want you to order some more? :lol: Usually I'm the one who will suggest to seller, I will buy somemore and ask seller to send it together. Like my JC collection arrived after a week and turned out to be Ghibil collection. Ordered a few more, hopefully no mistakes this time.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
10.8%

2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Yeah lol I was like fuck no... summore the best part was I bought the popsocket for a new phone but in the end din buy the phone so the popsocket shelved :lol:

Went through the shelf, found 4 unused screen protectors I was like WTF 1 for Samsung S3, 3 for Xiaomi tablet, all devices uplorry liao :lol:
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
3.2%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby BuTTBR41N » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:21 pm

My amazon order also went Mia and I contacted them to send replacement. But I also bway song cos why they never initiate the communication with me. Lol
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
18%

Trophies: 6
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) Pioneer (1)
  hyperx76

Postby overhype » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:37 pm

If you also forget then that's it. Considered delivered :lol:

I sent cso screenshots of my order thru their app. 24hrs liao, no response. They claimed will respond within 12hrs. The 5 pack 6 discs blu ray case in amazon cost another 20usd, not worth it. I have a friend living in california keep telling me she always get replacement and get to keep the item. Why I never get such good treatment :lol:

Today a lazada order from china seller got cancelled after fkin 11days. Status has been 'will hand over to logistic partner' since day 1. If oos, should notify me earlier so I can buy from other seller. Don't even know if it is really oos. The reason column, seller just wrote 'cancel' nb so irresponsible.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
10.8%

2012 (1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat