Retro Gamers

Grab a cup of coffee and take a break from gaming, enjoy chatting with the peeps!

Retro Gamers

Postby chogaijin » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:06 pm

Any retro Gamers out there?
I've got a pretty good collection of retro consoles here and quite a few more at my brother's place in the 'states. When I first arrived here over 10 years ago I bought what turned out to be a faulty voltage converter and blew up my Japanese PS2 and Xbox. Since then, I haven't dared to plug in a Japanese or North American console unless I was 110% sure it was going to work. My American Writers and WiiU worked just fine without buying anything but a plug adapter.
Now I'm itching to play my Super Famicom, Sega Genesis, NES, and Atari 2600.... But I'm not sure what equipment I may need to get to get them to play on the local power grid. So far I haven't found any reliable info.
Any idea? Anyone have any experience with these consoles?
Any good place to buy retro games and consoles in Singapore?
chogaijin
Peon
Progress to next rank:
6.1%

Re: Retro Gamers

Postby arcana75 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:59 pm

If these things take in 110V u need a step down transformer. U can easily buy one from any Self Fix, Home Fix or electronics store u spot, big or small.

Most modern electronics have universal power adaptors that allow 110-240V. But key word is "modern". Having said that still today many electronics made in USA and Japan for the domestic market still don't feature a universal adaptor so always read the labels first.
Happy 40th birthday to me! 7000th trophy and 130th plat - Batman Arkham Knight!
ImageImage
https://carousell.co/arcana75/
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
2.1%

Trophies: 11
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Return to General Chat