I want to rant!

Grab a cup of coffee and take a break from gaming, enjoy chatting with the peeps!

Re: I want to rant!

Postby arcana75 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:04 pm

In the end we all have to do our DD and read or listen what's being said than rely on soundbites or final scores. What I do feel is that AJ (perhaps naturally so) and the team is biased towards XBok, esp Alex. To me they are alot more lenient towards Xbok than PS.
Happy 40th birthday to me! 7000th trophy and 130th plat - Batman Arkham Knight!
ImageImage
https://carousell.co/arcana75/
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
6.6%

Trophies: 11
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby BuTTBR41N » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:39 pm

It's funny how no one actually reports that free to play game like fortnite is not free to play on Xbox. You need xblg subscription. But on ps4, you don't need ps+ to play it.
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
26.3%

Trophies: 6
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) Pioneer (1)
  hyperx76

Postby overhype » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:16 am

The Carouhell Demons

Resalecubus
Basically timewasters with the ability to spin stories to get your sympathy and tears flowing in order to get a huge discount or even for free. Objective is to get your items at a low price and resell them. Favorite lines are "Buy for kid" & " Buy as a birthday gift".

Avail-rition
They have the urge and desire to nego price for stuffs they probably do not need or want. They just cannot control themselves. Tries their very best to show up but due to their very nature, the human eye just cannot tell if they are there. Weak ones don't even exist past "Hi, still available?" stage. They just go poof! Favorite lines are nothing. Human ears just can't hear them. All they can do is tap templated replies.

Broke Trolls
They have zero intention of buying anything from you. Takes pleasure in making you believe your items seem worthless. Seldom work on humans but they still try hard anyways. Favorite lines are "I can get it cheaper elsewhere" & "For this price I can get XYZ".

Scamtoplasm
Spam you with messages begging you to buy their stuffs at x3 cost price. Any response from you will get you stuck in a time loop, repeating the same exact words of no thanks and please buy please. Favorite lines are "Please buy bro" & " I give you best deal".

Cash'Oblins
Will offer you a price, meetup as usual, pass you less than the agreed amount and escape with your item at incredible lightning speed. Favorite lines unknown. They vanish like Batman when you turn your head. Rude!

The Old Pee-ro
A million questions awaiting your replies. Inability to read listing descriptions. Love to request for more photos of multiple angles. But even if you do send more photos, they would almost never followup. If they do, high rate of mia during meetup.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
24.7%

Trophies: 8
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)

Postby overhype » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:04 pm

It was a mistake ordering from Shopee S mart using Shopeepay. Order placed on last thurs afternoon. 3 working days later still not shipped. Cso just replied with template answer without even reading the enquiry. An hour later, I told cso that I would cancel order and go buy from elsewhere if it does not ship out by the end of the day. Cso replied no worries, will ship out by yesterday. Today they give new excuses like cny period will take 5 to 7 days instead of the usual 3 to 5 working days. Hectic orders blablabla. Hello, this order was from last week and they promised to ship by yesterday, reach doorstep in max 5 days. And today is the 4th working day and not even in preparing stage. My redmart order also placed on last thurs and arrived on sat. Shopee guarantee ended on 8th and extended will end on 11th which is cny eve so I doubt it will be delivered. They spend so much in marketing but order fulfillment is kns. Shopee express my ass.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
24.7%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:25 am

overhype wrote:The Carouhell Demons

Resalecubus
Basically timewasters with the ability to spin stories to get your sympathy and tears flowing in order to get a huge discount or even for free. Objective is to get your items at a low price and resell them. Favorite lines are "Buy for kid" & " Buy as a birthday gift".

Avail-rition
They have the urge and desire to nego price for stuffs they probably do not need or want. They just cannot control themselves. Tries their very best to show up but due to their very nature, the human eye just cannot tell if they are there. Weak ones don't even exist past "Hi, still available?" stage. They just go poof! Favorite lines are nothing. Human ears just can't hear them. All they can do is tap templated replies.

Broke Trolls
They have zero intention of buying anything from you. Takes pleasure in making you believe your items seem worthless. Seldom work on humans but they still try hard anyways. Favorite lines are "I can get it cheaper elsewhere" & "For this price I can get XYZ".

Scamtoplasm
Spam you with messages begging you to buy their stuffs at x3 cost price. Any response from you will get you stuck in a time loop, repeating the same exact words of no thanks and please buy please. Favorite lines are "Please buy bro" & " I give you best deal".

Cash'Oblins
Will offer you a price, meetup as usual, pass you less than the agreed amount and escape with your item at incredible lightning speed. Favorite lines unknown. They vanish like Batman when you turn your head. Rude!

The Old Pee-ro
A million questions awaiting your replies. Inability to read listing descriptions. Love to request for more photos of multiple angles. But even if you do send more photos, they would almost never followup. If they do, high rate of mia during meetup.

Hahaha nice!

I recently encountered new one... ask and arrange liao then reply "ok I check with my <insert relations>", then MIA.

I dun mind fielding questions but the one I hate is really asking for info that's already in the description then asking for more info (means more work for me) then MIA.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
6.6%

Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (2) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (3) And They'll Tell Two Friends (1) Pioneer (1)
2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:55 am

Plenty of people who don't read, in fact all the time :lol: You can tell what type of buyers they are with their very first sentence. So sometimes I would reply, most of the time I won't. Not because I'm stuck up but I no longer have the patience to deal with buyers who don't read. Even if you do reply, high chance the deal won't go through. Because he probably didn't read deal location then he will ask to deal closer to his location, further discount to justify travelling to your location or free postage.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
24.7%

2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:05 am

Ya man.. "where to deal" is probably the most common question despite me listing several options...
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
6.6%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby BuTTBR41N » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:43 pm

arcana75 wrote:Ya man.. "where to deal" is probably the most common question despite me listing several options...

Yeah this is fucking annoying. Especially when the other guy is a seller and yet ask this kinda extra question.
BuTTBR41N
Demon Lord
Progress to next rank:
26.3%

Trophies: 6
Thread Boss (2) Forum Boss (1) Post Slinger (1) Post Storm (1) Pioneer (1)
  hyperx76

Postby overhype » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:29 am

My most received question asked is variations of the infamous "Is it still available?". In my experience, 1 out of 10 is a sincere buyer. Perhaps another would thank you for your reply meanwhile considering. The other 8 vanished into thin air. Those are half hearted, indecisive or probably found a better deal so it is up to you want to reply or not. Most of my successful deals starts with price nego/offer button or deal location/timing. Maybe 1% from still availableans.

Now that 1 sincere buyer can either be a steady buyer and damn smooth deal OR slowly reveal their intentions like deal at their location, lowering price further than what you already gave them, sometimes even after joining the % off sale event, being lowest priced amongst other sellers. All these won't be asked in the beginning of the conversation. There will be a few questions asked with delays which are already answered in description and images before they get to the true objective, nego price :lol: As I've mentioned, this is totally cool if the buyer had read description or begin with nego price, use the offer button. Instead some like to annoy people by first getting their attention and proceed in a backwards manner. Asking answered questions, agreed to deal, fixed time and location then proceed to nego price.

Sometimes I wonder why don't they just get brand new from shopping apps if so doubtful, get some coupons, coins, shopback to sweeten the deal. If not satisfied, return it. When you've already listed the condition of the item and included as many images you can possibly uploaded, people can still ask about the condition. Unless buyer check on the spot, otherwise whatever words from seller means nothing.
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
24.7%

2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:41 am

Lately my "favourite" is after the buyer ask east ask west, the very last comment is a variation of "ok let me check with my xxx" suggesting that they are asking on behalf of someone else. Then MIA...
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
6.6%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:32 pm

Perhaps selling the same item as you. Price check how low you can go then lower price in his listing :lol:
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
24.7%

2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:42 pm

Seems like too much work for little return on competitive research.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
6.6%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:03 pm

That hard to believe? I've heard from friend, a guy just blatantly asked with main account and post another listing with lower price. It was a $100+ toy. Another typed a long paragraph asking for discount cuz his parent went into his room and discarded all his toys. Reason being taking too much space in the house. They were worth over a few $k. Then you have sob stories like insert <____> control my $. Seller spamming, pleading other sellers to buy their items :lol:
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
24.7%

2012 (1)

Postby arcana75 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:05 pm

Oh no I believe it happens, I just don't see a need to do it; if I'm doing competitive research I'll just go by the listed prices rather than chat up the seller to find out how low they'll go.
ImageImage
arcana75
Demon King
Progress to next rank:
6.6%

2012 (1)
  arcana75
  arcana75

Postby overhype » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:41 pm

It might also be that lucky draw event where you get the item for free if you chat with seller
overhype
Demon
Progress to next rank:
24.7%

2012 (1)

Previous

Return to General Chat